Approval rulesets can be added/updated using the UI or the arcs.exe service. This article reviews the steps to insert a new set of approval rules from a JSON file using arcs.exe.
Covered in this article:
Uploading Approval Rulesets
Use the following instructions to upload a new set of approval rules to your BankPoint instance.
- Download the new approval rule JSON file(s) to the app server and take note of the path.
- Save the current approval rule(s) by going to Tools > Approval Rulesets in the desired BankPoint instance and clicking on the download button next to the rules that need to be saved.
- Open a powershell prompt in Administrator mode on your test app server and change directory over to your test application utilities folder, $(testapproot)\utilities\Arcs
- Run '.\arcs.exe -import -type=ApprovalRules -approvalType=[add approval type here] "-file=[add local path to JSON file here]"'. For example, '.\arcs.exe -import -type=ApprovalRules -approvalType=PipelineLoan "-file=c:\ApprovalRule\PipelineLoan.json"'. Valid approval types: ActionRequest, LoanReview, ImpairmentReview, PipelineLoan, Invoice, LoanCovenantReview, REOOffer, REOReview
- When asked to enter a logic type, enter 'If' or 'Functional' as indicated by the BankPoint Team.
- Repeat Step 3 for each approval type as needed.