Do not run this from your production app folder. Run this only in test.
Running this command in the wrong folder, or specifying the wrong options,
could lead to data loss.
Test instances of BankPoint are great for trying out new configurations, approval rules, or simply validating new features and functionality of a new release of BankPoint software.
Since test instances do not receive daily feeds from your core, they can quickly become stale and out of sync with your production environment.
The "restoresite" command allows you to refresh your test instance from production, copying over all the latest account data, configuration settings, and user settings to your test environment.
Please note that running this command will cause you to lose any changes that you've made to your test environment, so proceed with caution.
Covered in this article:
The checks and steps below assume that the production and test databases are running on the same SQL Server instance. If you have a separate, dedicated SQL Server instance for test, then some of the steps below (particularly around required permissions) will be different. Contact support for more details.
Before you run the restoresite command, you'll need to do the following:
- Create a full backup (bak) file of the production instance and save it to a location which is visible to the SQL instance you're restoring to
- In your test instance app folder, look at the connectionstrings.config file in $(testapproot)/utilities/Arcs/Configs/ConnectionStrings.config". If the connection string is set to use Trusted_Connection, then whoever runs the utility from the command line will need the permissions below. If the connection string is set to a specific User Id then that account will need the below permissions.
- Minimum required permissions for utilities account
- dbcreator role
- db_owner of the current test instance database
- db_owner of the current prod instance database (as of the time of the backup)
- Open a powershell prompt in Administrator mode on your test app server and change directory over to your test application utilities folder, $(testapproot)\utilities\Arcs
- Run `.\arcs.exe --restoresite`
- Follow the prompts to give it the path to the backup file and other options
- Once the restore is completed, you'll want to make sure the test app web portion is running the same version of software as production
- Change directory back to $(testapproot)
- Run `./update-bankpoint.exe` and specify the version number from production.
- Once the upgrade completes, log into the site to make sure that it is running properly